Who We Are
It is our Mission here at Bethany Church to Love, Obey and Proclaim Jesus Christ.
To drive that Mission, we seek to live into the Vision God gave us: to be a Church that Proclaims the transforming power of Jesus Christ; inviting others into that experience.
We have several Values we do not compromise here at Bethany Church: We are a Gospel-centric, family-oriented faith community, committed to outreach and discipleship.
*We’re all about family, and this approach to ministry is about taking Christ and putting Him into our life, in all aspects and at every stage. Everything we do is about individuals growing in Christ. Evangelism and Discipleship permeate all our ministries.
Our Church Discipline
Centered on Christ and the Scripture
- Bethany recognizes Jesus Christ as the head of the Church, with the foundations for governance being the authority of Scripture.
- Bethany makes decisions based upon the principles of Scripture and the guidance of earnest, constant and expectant prayer.
- Bethany‘s goal is to be intentional about offering a Pathway to Discipleship for all believers. The purpose is to help people move from Knowing God’s Love, to Growing in God’s Love, and to Showing God’s Love.
- Bethany sees corporate worship as a vital ministry which can take many forms. It includes music, prayer, and Bible teaching; the methods may vary but the message does not.
- Bethany encourages and embraces innovation in worship and ministries. We willingly take risks in pursuing the Great Commission.
- Bethany is a missional church and we honor that commitment by steadily increasing our giving every year. Our goal is to direct a large percentage of our offerings towards missions.
- Bethany’s missions scope covers the spiritual, social, physical and emotional needs of all peoples on local, regional, national and global levels.
- Bethany recognizes that ministry and missions are intertwined. They are all about bringing new people to the faith and discipling believers.
- Bethany maintains and regularly reassess a detailed Missions Strategy which is used to direct our giving. This strategy is influenced by culture, demographics, local and global events.
- Bethany’s missions are carefully vetted and managed. We aim to provide transparency of the process, and to keep the congregation informed about the mission fields and the impacts of our giving.
- Bethany recognizes vision as critical to our mission. We maintain a Strategic Plan to guide how we enable and grow our worship, missions and ministries.
- Bethany’s local congregation is governed by a Church Administrative Council.
- Bethany is committed to our staff and clergy. This includes having clear job descriptions and goals, fair and competitive pay, annual performance reviews, a safe and spiritually nurturing work environment, and support for training and professional development.
- Bethany is committed to identifying and developing lay leadership. Leadership responsibility is given to persons who have demonstrated spiritual maturity, and by their ability, gifts and training.
- Bethany’s buildings and grounds are a testament to the community; they are highly functional, nice in appearance, clean and well kept.
- Bethany applies best practices in operations and administration in order to be efficient and cost conscious stewards.
- Bethany seeks out and embraces best practices and we engage in bench marking and apply data creation, collection, reporting and use in all areas.
- Bethany recognizes technology as a pervasive and powerful theme within our culture, and we maintain a Technology Strategy to guide its application to how we serve, communicate, witness and worship.